With a wide portfolio of reliable and competitive cable solutions for international customers, the Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group is one of the largest cable producers in Europe. The Group manufactures power, telecommunication and submarine cables, as well as enamelled wires and compounds.
The Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group represents the cable production and marketing sector of Viohalco SA. The Company started its activities in 1950 as a Viohalco plant and in 1973 was incorporated as an independent subsidiary under the name Hellenic Cables, expanding its production and trade operations. Today, the Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group consists of Hellenic Cables S.A. which operates three plants in Viotia, Greece that produce cables, enamelled wires and plastic and elastomer compounds; the Fulgor S.A. plant in Corinth, Greece, which manufactures power cables, power and fibre optic submarine cables and copper wires; Icme Ecab S.A., a power and telecommunication cable manufacturer in Bucharest, Romania and Lesco Ltd Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria which manufactures wooden reels and pallets.
With a strong export orientation and focus on development of value added products, such as high and extra-high voltage cables and submarine cables, the Group implements significant investments towards enriching its product portfolio and enhancing its sustainability profile. Τhe Company implemented a EUR 60 million approximately investment plan for the manufacture of high-voltage submarine cables in Fulgor's plant.
The Company's wide product range, which is sold internationally under the Cablel® trademark, extends to PVC, EPR and XLPE insulated power cables (rated up to 500kV), marine and low smoke halogen free cables, fire resistant cables, telecommunication, signal and data cables with copper conductors or optical fibres, as well as fire retardant halogen free plastic and elastomer compounds and enamelled wires. Wires and cables are supplied to a variety of international standards, such as VDE, CEI, ICEA, NF, SEN, BS, UL, NEMA, JIS, ASTM, DIN and ELOT. Many of the Company's products are certified by BASEC, VDE, IMQ, NF-USE, NETWORK RAIL, KEMA, DNV and UL.
All Cablel® enamelled wires are manufactured and tested to the IEC 60317-0-1 standard; customers may also request any other recognised international standard.
Technical know-how is combined with continual investment in state-of-the-art machinery, to ensure levels of efficiency and quality which meet the strictest standards. The Company's Quality Management System is certified to ISO 9001:2015, its Environmental Management System to ISO 14001:2015 and its Occupational Health and Safety to OHSAS 18001:2007 / ISO 45001:2018. Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group has the necessary expertise to develop and offer turnkey solutions that meet specific demands of its customers.
Commitment to quality and sustainable development has been a key factor in enabling Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group to establish a strong market position internationally.
The Company's highly experienced technical and managerial staff have a strong commitment to innovation, technological excellence and outstanding quality, which ensures that users of Cablel® products have made a reliable choice.
The Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group aims to constantly improve its offering and respond swiftly to changes in customer requirements around the world with reliable and safe products, based on environmentally-friendly technologies. At the same time, the Group places strong emphasis on the development of its people and the creation of value for its shareholders, partners and the communities in which it operates. Looking ahead, the Group plans additional investments in technology and innovative cable solutions, as a way of contributing to the creation of a sustainable future for its stakeholders.
Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group product portfolio
- Power cables
- internal installation cables
- control cables
- cables for industrial applications and external installations
- fire-retardant, fire-resistant and halogen-free cables
- medium voltage cables
- high and extra high voltage cables
- copper conductors (grounding), and overhead Cu, Al and ACSR conductors
- fire-resistant cables for ships and marine applications
- copper and aluminum rods
- Telecommunication and data cables
- Gauging and control cables
- Copper conductor cables: Conventional telephone cables - telephone exchange cables - data transmission cables (LAN) – high frequency telephone cables
- Fibre-optic cables (single-mode and multi-mode): underground dielectric cables, in tubes - underground dielectric cables, directly buried (steel reinforcement) - Underground dielectric cables, featuring rodent protection - Indoor installation LSZH cables (central tube or tight buffered)
- Aerial installation cables (“8”-sized or ADSS)
- Signalling & railway signalling cables
- Submarine cables
- Medium and high voltage cables
- Composite medium and high voltage cables with integrated fibre-optic cables
- Fibre-optic cables
- Plastic and rubber compounds
- PVC-based plastics
- Polyolefine-based plastics
- Enameled wires
- Winding wires for electric motors and transformers
- Copper wires for grounding earthing and boxcan-manufacture
- Copper wires for welding applications for the Can industry
- The cables are used in:
- Outdoor installations and industrial applications
- Transmission and distribution networks
- Installations with special requirements
- Ships and marine applications
- Telecommunications and data transmission networks
- Renewable energy sources
- Interconnection of islands to continental systems
- Interconnection of offshore wind farms
- The enameled wires are used in:
- Motors – generators
- Small motors
- Relays – coils
- Self-supporting windings-avoids varnish impregnations
- • The compounds are used in:
- Cable industry
- Production of soft water pipes
- Production of flexible spiral pipes
- Production of hard flexible pipes for electrical applications
- Rubber and plastic soles
- Flexible elastic and plastic profiles
Cablel® Hellenic Cables Group maintains the necessary experience for the development and provision of turnkey solutions to cover specific client needs. The company provides:
- Design and manufacture of products based on client needs and project specifications
- Supply of special equipment for cable installations and cable terminations
- Transportation and installation of cables to the project site
- Urban projects required for installation and protection of cables
- Control, initial operation and system delivery to the client (commissioning)
- Full project management
- Training of customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of the system
- Provision of maintenance/support to the client