Through Sidenor and its subsidiary companies, Viohalco is active in the manufacturing, processing and trading of steel products. The Group’s extensive product portfolio, which includes long and flat steel products, pipes, hollow structural sections and downstream products, is manufactured across ten primary facilities in Greece, Bulgaria, Russia and FYROM. Steel pipes and hollow sections form a separate sector - the Steel Pipes sector. For further information please visit the steel pipes sector.
After over five decades of success and growth, Sidenor Group is firmly established in the international markets it operates in and has built solid business relationships with high profile, global customers.
The key pillars of the Group’s business excellence include its constant focus on innovation, its consistency in delivering top quality solutions, its high production performance and its highly efficient commercial ability.
From buildings, road works, metro stations, bridges and shopping malls to hydroelectric dam projects, Sidenor Group and its subsidiaries cater for the complex needs of their international clients via a complete portfolio of added value products and solutions. Project locations span from Greece, Bulgaria and Cyprus to France, Croatia, Tunisia and the USA, making the Group a truly global supplier. The Sidenor Group product family is structured as follows:
- SD Integrated Reinforcing System : The SD Integrated Concrete Reinforcing System embodies Sidenor’s approach to addressing significant demand for high ductility steel that provides increased protection against earthquakes. The system consists of: SD Concrete Reinforcing Steel, SD stirrup reinforcing mesh, SIDEFIT special mesh, SD Wire Mesh, SIDEFOR and SIDEFOR PLUS prefabricated stirrup cages, INOMIX steel fibres, lattice girders.
- Merchant Bars: Sidenor Group is the sole producer of merchant bars in Greece. Its portfolio of merchant bars consists of : Hot-Rolled Square Bars, Hot-Rolled Flat Bars of rectangular cross-section, Hot-Rolled Round Bars of circular cross-section, Hot-Rolled Equal Angle Bars with round edges, I-section Beams (IPE), UPN Channels.
- Wire Rod : Wire rod of SAE 1006, 1008, 1010 grades, RSt37-2 and electrode quality, in cross sections from Ø 5.5 to Ø 16.0, which is suitable for a wide range of size reduction applications and meets all low-carbon wire production needs.
- Steel Pipes – Hollow Structural Sections : Steel pipes of medium and large diameter for pipelines and construction purposes, steel pipes of small diameter, hollow structural sections (HSS).
- Hot-rolled flat products : Steel sheets and steel plates.
- Special Steels : Hot-rolled round bars (diameter:20-120mm), as well as turned and polished round bars (diameter:20-115mm) used in the automotive industry and in various industrial applications.
- Other products : Double-twist hexagonal mesh (serasanetti), wire products (galvanized and black), welding products, steel balls, special profiles, metallurgical by-products.
In order to achieve the optimum balance between operational and commercial flexibility, and production effectiveness, Sidenor Group has structured its operations to focus on the following four areas:
- Pipes, tubes and hollow structural sections
- Downstream operations for steel product processing
- Sales and distribution
The key companies of Sidenor Group are:
Sidenor SA - The parent company of the Sidenor Group. Through the Thessaloniki plant of its subsidiary Sidenor Steel Industry, the Company is active in the production of a wide range of steel products from billets to SD concrete reinforcing steel and merchant bars. Sidenor’s shares are listed on the Athens Exchange.
Sovel SA - In its Almyros production facility, Sovel is active in the production of the SD concrete reinforcing steel, SIDEFIT, SIDEFOR and SIDEFOR PLUS lines of products.
Stomana Industry SA - With production facilities in Pernik, Bulgaria, Stomana Industry manufactures a wide range of steel products from steel plates to SBQ’s and merchant bars.
Dojran Steel SA - With production facilities in Nikolic, FYROM, the company is active in the production of concrete reinforcing products, as well as wire mesh, merchant bars and girders.
Corinth Pipeworks SA - Corinth Pipeworks is the leading company within the Group in the steel pipes sector. With state-of-the-art facilities in the area of Thisvi in Viotia, it delivers a high profile product portfolio that includes steel pipes for oil and gas transmission and hollow structural sections for the construction industry. Corinth Pipeworks shares are listed on the Athens Exchange.
ZAO TMK-CPW - ZAO TMK-CPW is a joint venture that resulted from the partnership between Corinth Pipeworks (through its 100% subsidiary Humbel LTD, which controls 49% of the joint venture) and TMK, the largest manufacturer of steel pipes in Russia and one of the top three in the world. Through its production facilities in Polevskoy, Russia, ZAO TMK-CPW is active in the manufacturing of pipes and hollow structural sections.
The main subsidiaries of Viohalco in the steel sector that constitute the Sidenor Group of companies are:
Sidenor Holdings SA
Stomana Industry SA
Sidenor Steel Industry SA
Tepro Steel SA
Prosal Tubes SA
Aeiforos Bulgaria SA
Dojran Steel SA
Corinth Pipeworks SA
Further information on Sidenor Group is available at Sidenor SA’s website (http://www.sidenor.gr/home.aspx?lang=en).